I often get asked the following question from clients and business owners I meet networking – How do I get found on search engines?
“How come, when I, or someone else type my business name into the search engine, e.g. Google – my company website isn’t featured?”
When I delve further – I often see these very easy steps not completed which is resulting in loss of optimisation and getting their website ignored.
I am by no means an SEO expert but these basic steps work and moreover they are FREE.
Here Are 7 Simple Steps to Getting Found on Search Engines…
- Set up a Google Places page. Make sure this page has at least 3 videos and multiple pictures. Additionally add all your business contact details.
- Always have an address and phone number listed on your website.
- Leverage Social Media. Make sure your LinkedIn Profile, Twitter Profile, and Facebook Profile has your website listed in your profile section.
- Make sure any other places or directories with your profile on the web also contain a link back to your website. “Google” yourself and see if wherever you are mentioned – does it contain a link to your website also?
- Start an independent Blog WordPress.com is a great and free starting point. Post a Blog a week. Make sure it automatically feeds into all your social networking sites. I personally use Buffer App to help me automate the posting process.
- Comment on other Blog site postings relevant to your area of expertise they usually allow you to add a link back to your website.
- Sign-up for Google +
Now these are the 7 things you can do right now to get you found on search engines and I guarantee in one or two months that your visibility on search engines will increase massively.